A group of friends joined us for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Shanghai Disneytown.
It was lovely.
You can see all the yummy leftover bags in our hands. The Disney CNY decorations were delightful.
And we sang and we celebrated the sweetest boy in the world.
Coming soon – a b-day party over CNY with his Links pals – probably to an escape room.
Coming later, possibly on Scott’s birthday, a birthday party with school mates.
It’s the birthday that never ends.
This amazing kid turns nine today.
Some things I’ve noticed lately…
- he seems to get longer and longer every day
- in Blake’s opinion, it is always a good time to have a nerf war
- he is very comfortable in the kitchen, cooking and baking
- he hugs a lot and he hugs hard
- he loves watching YouTube
- he has the kindest heart and the biggest smile
- he is obsessed with cubes, all cubes (I used to say Rubik’s cubes, but I’ve learned Rubik’s is not one of his preferred brands)
- he loves to play, play, play with his friends
- Pokemon is a craze in our house that is not going away
- books, books, books… he loves books, often choosing to read non-fiction and listen to fiction
- his ideal vacation activity: escape rooms
- he will always sing and dance, wherever and whenever
- he is kind, friendly, loving and sweet
- eggs, carrots, milk – these are the foods that must be in the house at all times
No doubt about it, this boy of ours is an absolute joy to be around.